- Caregiver support groups in and outside of City of Hope
- Financial and Legal Resources
- Caring for yourself
Caregiver Resources Beyond City of Hope
Support Groups in the Community
- Support Groups for Caregivers in Your Community , Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties
LA Caregiver Resource Center, the USC Family Caregiver Support Center provides education, resources, information and respite care to qualified caregivers in Los Angeles County. Visit www.fcscgero.org or call 855-USC-6060 for more information.
Inland Caregiver Resource Center in Riverside and San Bernardino counties help families and communities cope with and manage the challenges of caregiving with education classes, respite care for qualified caregivers, help with resources. Visit inlandcaregivers.com or call 800-675-6694 for more information.
Support and Counseling
- CancerCare provides private online support groups for caregivers or patients, led by oncology social workers at no charge.
- Cancer Support Community offers emotional and educational support and hope for people affected by cancer, at no charge.
- CaringBridge is where you can start a free personal website to share important information quickly with family and friends during a health journey.
The site is easy to use and you have complete control over the privacy settings, so your site is as private or public as you want it to be. Family and friends can stay informed without overwhelming you. Plus, they can post messages and photos straight to your site. Your site also helps you coordinate care and organize daily tasks. As a nonprofit, CaringBridge sites are free and ad-free for those who need it, whenever they need it.
Organizations that Focus on Cancer
- American Cancer Society, 800-227-2345 - Provides information and support to patients and their families.
- CancerCare, 800-813-4673 - A national nonprofit organization that provides help to people with cancer and their caregivers through counseling, education, information, referrals and direct financial assistance.
- National Cancer Institute, 800-422-6237 - Part of the National Institutes of Health, the Cancer Information Service provides education and support to cancer patients and their families.