It’s reasonable for a cancer patient to have concerns about the effects of chemotherapy on their body or appearance.
At City of Hope, we offer the counsel of caring, sympathetic experts and a library of other resources to help you understand chemotherapy treatment, its side effects and how to manage the symptoms of side effects.
PARTNERING IN YOUR CARE
In the video below, in its entirety or by topic, learn more about chemotherapy and its side effects and where you can go for support and resources.
- Introduction to Chemotherapy Treatment
- Chemotherapy Side Effects
- Biotherapy (Immunotherapy/Targeted Therapy) Treatment
- Resources for Support and Information
The presentation slide deck of the video education can be downloaded for view here.
You May Also Be Interested In
Ask your health care team for a one-on-one chemotherapy teaching appointment at the clinic. During this education appointment, a nurse will give you important information about your chemotherapy treatment, how to manage side effects of treatment, direct you resources for information and support and to answer any questions or concerns that you or your family may have. Please call your health care team to schedule a chemotherapy teaching appointment.
Many of the downloadable booklets below are also available in print format at the Sheri & Les Biller Patient and Family Resource Center located on the Duarte main campus.
- Chemotherapy and You: Support For People With Cancer (NCI) – English / La quimioterapia y usted (NCI) – Spanish
- Drugs, supplements and herbal information including chemotherapy drugs on Medline Plus – English / Medicinas, hierbas y suplementos Medline Plus – Spanish
Our Department of Supportive Care Medicine provides an integrated, interdisciplinary array of supportive care services and programs that address the many physical and emotional issues that can arise during and after treatment to help you navigate City of Hope and ensure access to the resources you need.